Friday, January 9, 2009

Sad Squeaky Bean

I was planning on posting last week about my New Year's resolutions. I got derailed...

Squeaky Bean has been in the hospital since Sunday night with RSV and pneumonia. I just came home today for the first time since Sunday... We're hoping Squeaky Bean (the baby girl) will be able to come home tomorrow, but that's what we've hoped for the last couple days. She is doing better, just not good enough to be well at home, yet.

Last night when the excellent nurse turned Sqeaky's oxygen back on because her oxygen levels were falling into the low 80's, I was like, "What?! 84 isn't so bad! That's totally a B!" I guess grading scales and oxygen levels don't have a direct relationship.

She has to be eating on her own, breathing on her own, and keeping her temperature down before she can leave. We're 1 for 3 right now.

I was also going to post about all the completely free things that make me happy... I'll save that big list for later. But it definitely makes me happy that my Hubba Hubba took off every day this week to care for our boys (who are also sick, but not as bad as Sqeaky) and that his lovely mom also took off work and has been here since Wednesday afternoon to help us. What a nice Grammie. And for all the generous people who have been bringing us food and calling to check up on us, Thanks! We really appreciate you.

On a more positive note, Squeaky has learned to wave and make kissy sounds since she's been in the hospital--though not at the same time yet. =)

10 comments:

We Are A Happy Family said...

hope that everyone gets better soon. We will put you in our prayers.

Jen said...

I am sorry for what your going through, I know what is like to have children in the hospital for a period of time. It drains all your energy and eventually, you feel like a zombie, at least that is what I turn in to. I hope all turns out well, I just found out about it through your blog. I will add your family to our prayers.

dubby said...

I just found out as well. We have been on vacation. I am so sorry. You know I would have helped out had I known. I hope she comes back soon.

Becky G. said...

I hope Squeaky Bean feels 100% soon! Hang in there - I'll be thinking about you.

Dianna said...

Good luck! I wish I could be there to help!

Melissa said...

Give the kiddos our love! I hope that everyone gets better soon and that Squeaky Bean is able to come home really soon. Let us know if you need anything!!!

SumGreater said...

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers. She seems to be doing better. I just left her in the very capable hands of her father and the nurses. It'll be cool to sleep on a bed tonight. =)

Holladay Family said...

Hey Sum Greater,
How old is squeaky bean again? I am so glad she is feeling better. My mom has been forwarding me updates from your mom. Hospitals and sicknesses are never fun. I hate the way "they" (the hospital staff) make you feel like you're just a visitor and they are in charge. I want to scream, "THAT"S MY BABY!" But it sounds like they are being good to you. I hope you get a good nights sleep. Lisa

Jessica said...

I am so sorry to hear about your kids not doing well. It sounds like you are well taken care of with your husband and family. I hope there is better news about your little girl soon. You are in my prayers.

Plainbellied said...

Turtar says "if you're happy with a B, maybe 84% of oxygen is good enough for you, too". But I know you're not really an under-achiever.... :D