I love iTunes.
My nice honey got me an iTunes gift card for Christmas and I had so much fun last week looking up new music and artists. Junior Mint got his own gift card (for his shiny new ipod shuffle) and together we made some fun discoveries. Below is a list of some of my favorites. Look 'em up or listen to the ones on my playlist. Tell me what you think! Then maybe you can tell me the last few things you've downloaded. I love music recommendations even more than I love new books.
1. M79 by Vampire Weekend (punk with a harpsichord. awesome.)
2. Stefano Barone (Look this guy up on youtube. The way he plays guitar is beautiful to see and hear.)
3. You Don't Know Me At All by the Weepies (All of their songs so far, really. Pop folk. Some are on the playlist below.)
4. Saint Behind the Glass by Los Lobos (You'll recognize this if you liked Nach Libre.)
5. G. Love (He's not new to me, but he's got a cool new album. Seriously--look this guy up. He helped get Jack Johnson going.)
6. Jai Ho from the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. (It's got a lot of artists and is also on the playlist below. Great dance music. Nice Indian flair.)
7. Alicia Keys. (Not new...she's my music idol. Listen to some of my fav's below. Karmastition is made for dancing. Love her.)
8. There are so many free podcasts, but one I like is Dan Carlin's Extreme History. Episode # 18, an interview with James Burke is my favorite so far. He's no historian, but is very accessible.
In an unrelated aside, you should click on the Seriously So Blessed link in the Blogs I Dig section on the left. We're voting for the winner of her awesome makeover contest. Unfortunately the girl I nominated didn't make it, but some other really great girls did. It's a good time to be in Utah for them.